Thursday 30 April 2009

Day Two - Breakfast With Goofy and Typhoon Lagoon

The difference between waking early at home and waking early here is that when I wake at home I have to get up and service the children. Here I can blog, email people and take my time getting ready.

Yesterday in the excitement of waking early and seeing the view out of the window I forgot where I was momentarily and whipping open the curtains to survey the scene forgot that I was on the ground floor and only wearing my big pants. Luckily the gardener who was 2 metres from my window was facing the other way and I quickly whipped shut the curtains again.

Breakfast was a bit ‘wow’ and ‘ooh’. Not only was the food amazing (remember your American accent folks) but we shared it with Minnie, Goofy and Donald. Watching the children’s faces as they turned to find a character tapping them on the shoulder was a bit special. The breakfast itself was really tasty and the choice was immense … Mickey shaped waffles, yoghurt and toppings, cereal, pastries and the full bacon, sausage, eggs and … asparagus which was a novelty.

After breakfast I got my sunglasses out of my bag to find that them in two parts. Short of using a plaster to fix them and looking like a bit of a tit I bought some new ones in the hotel shop … I held off buying some Hannah Montana sunglasses and opted for some plain ones with Walt Disney World resort in teeny tiny letters on them. The shop stocks every conceivable product including a scratch and sniff nightie. I scratched, I sniffed and nothing. I have it on good authority it was supposed to smell of chocolate. I may try again this morning.

After breakfast we had a tour of Typhoon Lagoon one of two water parks. I started to feel a bit warm and fuzzy as I watched children snorkeling with sharks and tropical fish. An enthusiastic lady called Sindy showed us round. There was a HUGE pool with a tidal wave every 90 seconds. Sindy explained their procedures for lost children which is very thorough and well thought out. They prefer to call it ‘lost parents’ … the child is taken to an area with games and waits until their parent who is probably chilling on the lazy river remembers they have a child, panics and is claimed by that child.

There are lots of shady areas to get out of the sun and plenty of refreshments including free water fountains. The park caters for all ages and the slides range from the super fast 40mph ‘lose your swimsuit up your bottom’ slides to the more sedate lazy river. There are some areas specifically for small children and some of the slides have no height restrictions.

I could feel the Disney effect taking hold. In fact some of my platelets were beginning to grow Mickey ears.

More to come ... Aerosmith Rock 'n' Roller, Toy Story Mania and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Plus 7 UK Bloggers testing cocktails ends in crying ... tears of laughter of course

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I can tell you're liking it, really liking it!

Reasons said...

Have all your dreams come true yet?

Kim said...

I LOVE asparagus, but not sure about it for breakfast! Amazing (in my truly American accent!). :)

Sounds like you are having a blast - I hope the weather is nice.

Ian Newbold said...

Cool.

I remember my wife regaling about a wonderful trip to Typhoon Lagoon.

Thanks for reminding me.

Amy said...

I'm so glad you're having fun! Mickey shaped platelets - that's so funny.

And asparagus for breakfast is weird? We put it in omletes, serve with Eggs Benedict, etc... Aren't some of the small differences funny?

Exmoorjane said...

The Disney effect has TOTALLY taken hold.....the woman needs a total transfusion, she's so mickified!

Matt Lucas said...

This is AWESOME!I love it more than lawlipops.

Matt Lucas said...

This is AWESOME!I love it more than lawlipops.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

EVERYTHING grows Mickey ears when your there - just think about that for a moment - everything.